How to Install Best Twitter Client – Tweetdeck in Ubuntu
Twitter goes viral among all the social activist as it is short and sweet and also can have a excellent control over our social network and we also can filter the content what we need exactly. Twitter is a excellent micro blogging service started in 2006 and it gained the rapid growth in short span of time. Twitter hold more than 500 million registered users and also become the one of the most visited sited in the Internet. It handles more than 1 billion search queries a day. Twitter is consider to be a SMS of the Internet with advanced features.
Web service of the twitter filled the hooks and corners, after that Third party developers created the twitter client to make the art of micro blogging simpler, they named their as Tweetdeck, later it was acquired by Twitter. Tweetdeck is structured with series of customizable columns, you can add or remove the columns displaying Twitter timeline, mentions ( @ ), direct messages, lists, trends, favorites, search results, hashtag ( # ) or all tweets by or to a single user. Tweetdeck support URL shortening too and you can also schedule your tweets using this client. You can control the multiple twitter account simultaneously using Tweetdeck , this is the one of the highlighting and excellent features.
Tweetdeck is the most used and most popular twitter client. It’s not available for the Linux distribution this is heart breaking thing for Linux users. Even though there are lots of Linux distribution twitter clients available nothing is comparable with Tweetdeck because of it simple UI design and the various inbuilt options. Even there is no Tweetdeck support for Linux distribution you can run the Tweetdeck application in Ubuntu Linux.
Install and Run Tweeetdeck in Ubutnu
- Download the Windows installer of the Tweetdeck from its website http://tweetdeck.com
Note : If there is any problem in downloading, download TweetDeck here and extract.
- Install the Wine program loader from the Ubuntu software centre.
- Run the TweeetDeck.msi installer using the wine by right click on it and select Open With Wine Windows Program Loader
- Install the TweetDeck with the help of wine windows program loader.
- After the installation finished, search for the TweetDeck in Ubuntu DashLens and click on it to launch the application.
- If you are the existing user Login and enjoy the features of Tweetdeck or else create a new account.
Alternate ways to Use TweetDeck in Ubuntu
Use TweetDeck Via Chrome
- You can use the Tweetdeck in Ubuntu via chrome browser also using the Tweetdeck Chrome app.
- This is done by simply add the Tweetdeck app to your chrome browser.
- Click on the Tweetdeck app icon and Login with Existing account or create a new account.
Use TweetDeck Via other Web Browsers
You can use the Tweetdeck web application in other browsers also by simply clicking the sign in button in the main page of the Tweetdeck or click here to launch the Tweetdeck web application in your browser.
Don’t tiered on searching the exact twitter client for Ubuntu similar to the tweetdeck , you will not find the one. Install and use the TweetDeck in Ubuntu as explained above . It’s very simple when compare with finding the new twitter client like TweetDeck for Ubuntu. If you have any suggestion or need clarification let us know via comments. Your valuable comments are welcome.
If you like this post, Share it to your friends. Dont forget to Subscribe our Feeds, Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.