Want to Transfer Files from iPhone to Mac without iTunes? Try These 4 Ways
Having both iPhone and Mac computer but feeling it inconvenient to transfer files from iPhone to Mac using iTunes? Well, it is truly kind of complicated. However, it doesn’t matter. You can always choose other methods instead. Here are the 4 easy ways to transfer files from iPhone to Mac without iTunes, and they might be excellent alternatives to iTunes. let’s take a look now.
Way 1: Transfer Files from iPhone to Mac via MobiKin
If you think iTunes is a slow crawling snail, then MobiKin Assistant for iOS is a running horse. It can quickly transfer iPhone files to the Mac computer. Furthermore, it allows you to view detailed iOS files on the interface, so you can handily select what you want before exporting.
Contacts, photos, messages, videos, books, music, and more are supported. And you can manage your files on the computer directly, such as editing, deleting contacts, and uninstalling apps from your iPhone.
Here’s the usage guide:
- Download and install the program on your MacBook.
- Run it and connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
- Choose one category on the left panel. Then select and transfer iOS files to the computer by tapping the “Export” button.
Way 2: Send iPhone Files to Mac Using AirDrop
AirDrop is a wireless helper that you can use to send iPhone files to Mac without iTunes. It can transmit data via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, including videos, locations, websites, etc. However, it works with iOS 7 and later only. So, if your iPhone OS is lower than 7, please upgrade it in advance.
It’s the tutorial in the following:
- Head to Settings and tap the “General” > “AirDrop” feature on the iPhone.
- Enable AirDrop on Mac by clicking the “Finder” > “Go” > “AirDrop” icon.
- Find the files you’d like to send on the iPhone and tap the “Share” button. Then you can send them to Mac via AirDrop.
Way 3: Sync iPhone Data to Mac with iCloud
It’s effective to turn to iCloud for help. As long as you upload iPhone data to iCloud, you can breezily check it on Mac by browsing iCloud with your Apple ID. It allows you to directly view emails, contacts, calendars, notes, etc., that you have synchronized from the iPhone.
Also, you can choose other cloud storage service for file transfer, like Dropbox, Google Drive, and more. None of them need help from iTunes.
Here are the instructions:
- Turn on iCloud backup feature on your iPhone: enter Settings, and hit on your name > “iCloud” > “iCloud Backup” icon. It will automatically back up your files via Wi-Fi.
- Open the iCloud webpage on your Mac computer and sign in with your Apple ID.
- To view the iPhone data, please choose one category on the interface. Then you can download files to Mac if you want.
Way 4: Share Data from iPhone to Mac via Email
Want to share several small files from iPhone to Mac without iTunes? Then you can choose to use the mail app. Even if your iPhone stays away from your computer, you can succeed in transferring by logging in to your email account. But please note that the sent files should be less than 50 MB.
Check the steps here:
- Run the Mail app and compose a new email on the iPhone.
- Add files to the email by pressing the “Attachment” icon, and type the same email address. Then send it.
Please log in to the email account on Mac, and you can see the email you sent in the Inbox. Next, open it and you can download the data.
See? It is not difficult to get rid of iTunes to transfer files from the iPhone to Mac. As mentioned above, they can all assist you with that. Try them, and you can get an efficient migration. Have other good ideas? Welcome to share them with us in the comment part.
If you like this post, Share it to your friends. Dont forget to Subscribe our Feeds, Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.